Tips for optimum use of the RI IOTA
Below are a number of recommendations for making optimum use of the RI IOTA:
- Your instrument must have been positioned in the room where it is to be used at least half a day beforehand.
- The pump valves must be perfectly clean. If not, your chromatogram will display pulses.
- We recommend equilibrating your column at least one hour before starting the IOTA.
- It is preferable to perform the solvent mix either before or after the pump rather than per pump.
- Never place a detector behind a refractometer. If several detectors are used, the refractometer must always be in last position.