Dynacalibrator® Model 150 - Calibration Gas Generator
- PPB to high PPM range
- Temperature control with an accuracy of ±0.01°C
- Economical, flexible alternative to bulky bottled gas mixtures
The Dynacalibrator® Model 150 is a constant temperature system designed to generate precise ppm or ppb concentrations of chemical compounds in a gas stream, using permeation devices as the trace gas source. It is used as a reference for the calibration of instruments in the field of gas chromatography, verifying the accuracy of analytical data generated from air pollution monitoring, industrial hygiene surveys, odor survey programs, and tracer studies, and in other instruments that measure gas concentrations.
A passivated glass-coated permeation chamber houses the permeation device(s), with measured inert carrier gas sweeping the calibration gas/vapor from the chamber. A digital temperature controller maintains the chamber temperature at a set point with an accuracy of ±0.01°C, traceable to NIST standards. The wide range of temperature settings (5°C above ambient to 110°C) allows the end user to generate a wide range of volumetric concentrations for both low and high vapor pressure chemical compounds, establishing or changing the desired volumetric concentration by simply varying the carrier flow.
Advantages Over Bottled Standards
Permeation devices from VICI Metronics offer several key advantages over cylinder-supplied gas
Economy is always a major consideration; customers who have done the arithmetic, factoring in the cost of cylinder purchase, shipment, and disposal, typically discover that the purchase of a Dynacalibrator and a supply of permeation devices will start to save them money in the second year of use.
Multicomponent mixtures can be easily generated with a Dynacalib rator and the appropriate combination of permeation devices. This technique also allows the removal of a single component from a gas mixture by simply removing the appropriate permeation device. Alternative methods require expensive custom mixtures or a large number of gas cylinders, which consume valuable lab
space as well.
Bottled standards can also have problems arising from degradation of the standard within the cylinder, from changes in the concentration levels as the cylinder pressure changes, and from interaction of calibration components and surfaces.
- Passivated glass-coated stainless steel chamber
- Stainless steel cap
- Dedicated switched-mode temperature controller with front panel and serial port control
- Digital readout for set point and chamber temperature
- Power switch with LED indicator light
- Stainless steel inlet and outlet fittings for 1/16" tubing (1/4" and 1/8" also available)
- Universal power input 110 VAC/230 VAC
- Cooling fan
- Stainless steel, passivated with Inertium® and Ultradeactivation® coating
- Screw cap access
- 9.5" long by 0.875" ID (24 cm x 2.2 cm)
- Maximum total length: 24 cm (9.5")
- Maximum diameter: 1.6 cm (0.62")
- Range: 30°C to 110°C
- Accuracy: ±0.01°C at a set point from 5°C above ambient to 110°C
- Power cord for 110 VAC power source (220 VAC Model 150-C)
- Forceps for removing and inserting permeation devices
- Tool for removing and securing permeation chamber cap
- Recommended range of 100 - 1200 ml/min
- 6" wide x 15" deep x 7" high (15.4 cm x 38.1 cm x 17.7